JOB SPECIFICATION: Executive / Associate Marketing & Communications
Department: Public Engagement
Proposed Immediate Superior: Asst. Manager Marketing & Communications
Arpan is an award winning organization working hard to address the issue of child sexual abuse in India. Based in Mumbai, Arpan is the largest NGO in India in this specific area with over 90 social workers and counselors providing prevention and intervention services to children and adults. Over the last 10 years Arpan has reached out to over 1,80,000 children and adults directly through its services and over 4,60,000 indirectly through training and capacity building of various stakeholders and public and policy advocacy. Arpan’s key project is teaching children personal safety skills in schools so that they can identify and seek help in an unsafe situation. Arpan also empowers teachers, parents with knowledge, attitude and skills to prevent and deal with child sexual abuse. Arpan aspires to reach out to millions of more children and adults to safeguard the innocent and vulnerable children and hopes to scale by building new engagement models with schools around the country.
We are now at an inflection point in our journey: In order to achieve our aspirations, we are developing two distinct verticals to support the organization. One focused on services delivery, and the other aimed at ensuring strengthened strategic communications with our various stakeholders.
|1. Context||Executive Marketing & Communications|
|2. Organogram||Director Public Engagement | Asst Manager Marketing & Communications | Executive Marketing & Communications|
|3. Key Objectives of the Job||Raising awareness for a complex and unacknowledged issue such as child sexual abuse on the digital platform|
|4. Major Deliverables||· The major responsibilities are:
· Organize and oversee advertising/communication campaigns (social media, TV etc.), exhibitions and promotional events
· Conduct market research and analysis to evaluate trends, brand awareness and competition ventures
· Write copy for diverse marketing distributions (brochures, blogs, social media, press releases, website material etc.)
· Monitor progress of campaigns using various metrics and submit reports of performance
· coordinating internal marketing and an organisation’s culture.
· Use Arpan’s online chat facility to offer support to children, parents and website users as they reach out to us with various queries — Provide timely and courteous responses to our users and forward and track unanswered queries internally
|5. Job Challenge||· The social sector is still evolving digitally and Arpan is now looking to build its presence in the online space to be a leader in its domain. This role gives a unique opportunity to build the digital presence for a social cause.|
|6. Specialised job competencies||· Excellent communication and people skills
· Strong organizational and time-management abilities
· Creativity and commercial awareness
· Easily able to manage Blog Design & Posting, Article Publishing, RSS Feeds, Forum Listing, etc.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Excellent analytical skill
|7. Educational Qualification||BMM/MBA/PGDBM in Marketing & communications or Graduate with relevant experience|
|8. Desired Experience||Minimum of 1-2 years of digital and social marketing experience and overall experience of 3-5 years|
|9. Other desired attributes
|Ability to work in a small team good inter-personal skills, ability to work under constant deadline pressure and manage multiple projects across digital platforms|
|11. Salary||The salary range is 18000-30000 for associate and 28000-40000 for executive.|