How We Work
The core interventions of Arpan are guided by the vision and mission of the organization which are realized through the following Programme and Advocacy strategy :
- To deliver programmes geared towards prevention and intervention services, training and capacity building as well as research and development in order to reduce the occurrence of Child Sexual Abuse (CSA), heal its impact, and create safe and supportive environments for children and adult survivors of CSA.
- To advocate for both public and policy level changes in order to reduce the occurrence of CSA, heal its impact and create safe and supportive environments for children and adult survivors of CSA.
Arpan’s strategy emphasizes on a holistic multilevel model in order to deal with the issue of Child Sexual Abuse, which is a highly sensitized and socially tabooed issue in the Indian society.
These strategies are further broken down into the following interdependent sub-strategies :
- Sub Strategy I – Prevention and intervention services for children and adult survivors of sexual abuse and their families in order to reduce the occurrence of Child Sexual Abuse, heal its impact and create a safe and supportive environment.
- Sub Strategy II – Training and capacity building of government and non government stakeholders in order to replicate the prevention and intervention models of Arpan towards responding to Child Sexual Abuse.
- Sub Strategy III – With a vision of ‘A World free from Child Sexual Abuse’, Arpan proposes to create awareness and sensitization through public advocacy and communication campaigns and advocate robust child protection mechanisms to address the lacunae both at the policy level as well as with regard to curriculum and interventions on the ground.
- Sub Strategy IV – Arpan focuses on building an authentic and holistic knowledge base on the issue of Child Sexual Abuse through Research and Development and developing evidence-based models. Arpan is also designing various tools, resources and modalities to scale up and replicate its services across geographies and socio-economic and cultural groups.